Welcome to Art Answers, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the art community.

Why do children eat paint chips?

0 votes
asked Oct 11, 2013 in Mixed Media by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Lead paint, which used to be used before it was discovered to be toxic, has a sweet taste.  To a young child or pet, it might taste like candy.

If you have lead paint in your house, don't just paint over it.  First strip it completely and then re-paint.
answered Oct 12, 2013 by artist (2,620 points)